I. DEFINITIONS OF TYPES OF TOURNAMENTS AND TEAMS
(Place corresponding letter in appropriate space on application.)
TYPES OF TOURNAMENTS
UT | Unrestricted Tournament: A tournament that is open to all Federation affiliated participants. Any tournament that allows international participants must be an Unrestricted Tournament.
RT | Restricted Tournament: A tournament that is open only to members of US Youth Soccer and its State Associations.
SELECT TEAMS (teams formed by a selection or tryout process):
S1: generally a team which competes at the highest level of play in a state or region
S2: generally a team which competes at other than the highest level of play in a state or region
S3: generally a team which competes in a local area or state
TOURNAMENT SELECT TEAMS
S4: a team which is put together for the sole purpose of playing in a tournament or other sanctioned non-league competition, whose roster includes select players who are members of one club.
RT: a team which was formed in a random nature without regard to players’ abilities.
US YOUTH SOCCER ODP TEAMS
ODP TEAM: the official US Youth Soccer Olympic Development team of US Youth Soccer, any of its regions, a State Association, an Affiliate, other Organization Member, or any district or geographical subdivisions thereof.
NATIONAL TEAM: the official national team of US Soccer or any other member of FIFA.
II. HOSTING RESTRICTED AND UNRESTRICTED TOURNAMENTS AND GAMES
APPLYING TO HOST RESTRICTED TOURNAMENTS OR GAMES
1. These procedures apply when hosting ONLY US Youth Soccer State Association or US Youth Soccer Affiliates teams for tournaments or games.
2. Applications, agreements to host and other required information must be submitted as provided by the designated approving association or affiliate to include:
Not later than the date established by the State Association or Affiliate for submitting an Application to Host a Tournament or Games, the hosting organization must submit to its State Association or Affiliate and, if any game is to be played in another State Association or Affiliate, to that other State Association or Affiliate, for approval a completed Application to Host a Tournament or Games signed by the designated official of the hosting organization and the following items:
- a completed US Youth Soccer Tournament or Games Hosting Agreement, with appropriate supporting documents and information, signed by the president or chief officer or designee of the hosting organization and by the tournament or games director;
- a copy of the approved Rules for the Tournament or Games; and
- any fees required by the State Association or Affiliate for processing the application. Incomplete applications will be returned and considered as not having ever been submitted.
3. The State Association or Affiliate is not required to approve any application not submitted by the deadline established by the State Association or Affiliate. Any application which is not submitted in a timely manner may be subject to late fees if approved. The team must contact its State Association for its specific policies and fees.
4. The State Association or US Youth Soccer Affiliate shall make a determination as to whether or not they will sanction the tournament or games in accordance with the policies they have established within their organization for the sanctioning of tournaments or games.
APPLYING TO HOST UNRESTRICTED TOURNAMENTS INCLUDING INTERNATIONAL TEAMS (TEAMS FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES) AND OTHER FEDERATION ORGANIZATION MEMBERS
1. The provisions below are in addition to those required as stated above under “Applying to Host Restricted Tournaments or Games”. All those provisions so stated above must also be complied with.
2. For all tournaments and games involving international teams (teams from outside the United States), the Rules for the Tournament or Games must comply with the following substitution requirements: For matches involving players under 16 years of age, the number of substitutions allowed is as provided by the Rules of the Tournament or Game. For all other matches, the number of substitutions is as agreed to prior to the match and the referee is informed prior to the match of that number. The number agreed to can be as provided in the Rules of the Tournament or Game.
3. The completed US Soccer forms Application to Host a Tournament or Games Involving Foreign Teams and Certification Regarding Compliance with the Ted Stevens and Olympic Amateur Sports Act, must be submitted and approved by the hosting State Association or US Youth Soccer Affiliate and any additional fees required by the State Association, Affiliate and/or the United States Soccer Federation for processing the application.
4. For all teams that are not members of US Youth Soccer or a US Youth Soccer Affiliate, Proof of medical and liability insurance must be provided by their organization of registration.