Please use the following steps to assist you in completing risk.
Risk for Ohio South is defined as the following four items, all of which are handled inside your Player's Health account:
- Lindsay's Law - renewed annually
- SafeSport - renewed annually (refresher course if initial course is already taken)
- Background Check - valid for two years from time of returned status
- Concussion Training - valid for three years from the time of completion
NOTE: In order for you to utilize the following steps, you MUST have been added by your league or club into Demosphere first!
PLEASE ensure you are using the email that your league or club admin added you with, or that you may have registered to volunteer with! If you need to confirm what email that is, please contact your league or club.
NOTE: Please use the web browsers Chrome or Firefox to complete risk.
After Ohio South initiates the Risk Management process for your profile, you will receive an email with instructions to login to Demosphere to begin the Risk Management and training process. Ohio South initiates risk twice a day; 9am and 4pm.
If you already have a Demosphere account/login: You will receive an email with a direct link to login to Demosphere where you will see a dialog pop-up to connect directly to Player’s Health
If you have not yet setup your Demosphere login credentials: You will receive an email with a link to setup your Demosphere Password first, which, upon setup will log you into Demosphere where you will see a dialog pop-up to connect directly to Player’s Health.
If you did not receive an email (check Junk mail): please go here and log in.
Once you login to your Demosphere account, you will see a pop-up dialogue to complete the Risk Management process in the Player’s Health system. If you do not want to begin the Risk Management process immediately, you may click “remind me later” and this message will appear each time you login, until you have started the process in the Player’s Health system.
NOTE: if you get interrupted or have network issues during the “begin process” step, and are no longer able to access the pop-up dialog, please logout, clear your browser’s cache, and log back in. This should resolve the issue.
If you don’t get the pop up, or if you click “Remind Me Later”, you can access the Player’s Health login by navigating to the “My Account” section on the dashboard, and then the “Risk Mgmt” tab:
If you do not get a pop-up or have a Risk Mgmt tab/blue button;
- a) Please confirm with your club admin that you have been added to a team and they can see you in their State system, then:
- b) Please contact Demosphere support: email@example.com.
- Clicking on Begin Process in the pop-up or the blue Player's Health button will automatically direct you to the Player’s Health system using your Demosphere login credentials. You will need to first authorize Player’s Health:
- When you first log into Player's Health, you will be asked to upload your photo.
NOTE: For competitive coaches ONLY… this is NOT the photo that will be used on your card. Please log into your Demosphere coach account and add a photo there [GUIDE].
- Sign COVID Waiver.
- Complete Background Check
NOTE: The background check takes 3-5 business days to return. If you actively hold a current background check with Ohio South, you will still be prompted to complete the questions, however you will not have to submit one.
- Complete all trainings (Concussion, SafeSport and Lindsay's Law)
*You will be asked to upload a current concussion training from either the CDC or NFHS [links & guides here]. Must be taken within the last three years, and then must be uploaded into your Player's Health account to complete the requirement. To upload, click on the CDC Heads Up box in your Player's Health account and use the upload icon (cloud with arrow) to upload your certificate.
- If you've already taken the initial course in years past, you can take the refresher course through accessing it via Player's Health in order to renew. You access the course by clicking on the SafeSport box after you've logged into Player's Health, then clicking on the Proceed button.
- Once you have completed any SafeSport course through Player's Health, please allow up to 24-48 hours for SafeSport to update in the system.
- If you have already completed your SafeSport training in 2020, or just finished and want to update your status faster, the easiest way to mark yourself as complete is to enter the code on your certificate. You will have an opportunity to do this when you click on the SafeSport box.
- Complete! When done, there will be no more requirements (boxes) for you to access, and the screen will be mostly blank with two items on the left side - My Reports and My Messages.
If you have any questions or issues please reach out to Player's Health at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, for competitive/travel coaches only....please make sure you have a valid photo for your coach card in Demosphere!
HOW TO ADD A PHOTO FOR CARDING