MAINEVILLE, OH (May 8, 2020) - The Ohio South State League (OSSL), in cooperation with Ohio North Youth Soccer Association, is excited to announce the inclusion of Ohio North teams to the league beginning Fall 2020. OSSL’s structured and competitive environment for player development will become even stronger with the addition of the best teams from Ohio North. OSSL continues to provide teams the ability to qualify for higher levels of competition in the US Youth Soccer Great Lakes Conference and US Youth Soccer National League Showcase Series.
“Ohio South is excited to announce a unified State League with Ohio North,” said Ohio South Executive Director Gordon Henderson. “This is an incredible opportunity for teams in Ohio to play in one of the strongest state leagues in the country and expand the competitive experience for many clubs and teams.”
With the incorporation of new teams, OSSL structure will be modified in the following ways:
- Two divisions per age group and gender
- Each age group divided into a Premier Division (top) and First Division (bottom)
- 10 teams per division for U12-U14 age groups (20 total teams per age group)
- 8 teams per division for U15-U18/19 age groups (16 teams total per age group)
- All teams in OSSL are eligible for GLC placement
The OSSL application periods based on age division are listed below.
- U12-U14 application period and fee deadline: Monday, June 8th - Wednesday, June 24th
- U15-U18/19 application period and fee deadline: Monday, July 20th - Wednesday, August 26th
Teams wanting to play in GLC must pre-qualify by playing OSSL and State Cup the year prior. Teams playing in GLC must also play in OSSL except teams accepted in GLC Premier I division. Teams registered in Ohio North, will be placed in GLC through Ohio North.
“Ohio North is thrilled to announce the creation of a unified State League with Ohio South,” said Ohio North Executive Director Jen Fickett. “OSSL will offer a superior level of competition with proven depth and quality as well as serves to provide Ohio North’s top clubs with a state-wide option to minimize costs and travel.”
#TakeFlight with us! To apply to the Ohio South State League, please visit the league website at https://www.osysa.com/ossl/.
Questions can be directed to Jen Schuppe at email@example.com or 513-576-9555.