Schedules and Scores
Governors Cup Schedule-updated 5/22/2019
For weather issues and field updates, Sign up for Text Alerts
Text PRESCUPSEMIS to 41411 to join.
Hotline Phone Number: 513-333-5730
Hobson Freedom Park-2910 Trebein Rd, Fairborn OH
Important Semis and Finals Info-sent 5/30/2019
Important Presidents Cup and Governors Cup Information-sent 5/14/19
Rescheduled Games Info-email sent 5/8/2019
Schedule Changes and What to Bring-4/26/2019
Informational Email Sent to Teams 02/22/2019
Governors Cup Makeups
Teams have requested for the option to self schedule the makeup games. We will allow teams to self schedule if both teams agree. Games must be completed by Thursday, May 16.
Here is the procedure:
1) Contact your opponent with contact list below.
Contact List for Teams
2) If both teams agree to self schedule the game, the home team should submit the referee request form below a minimum of 3 days in advance. Just Pick Presidents Cup Preliminary as the type of game.
Referee Request Form
3) After submission, please take a screen shot and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) Check referee scheduler within 24 hours to verify the ref assignor received your request and posted the game for assignment. (can take 24 hours to show on scheduler).
5) Re-check scheduler the day before the game to verify a ref crew was assigned.
Verify Referee Requests and Scheduling Here
If you do not see the game listed or refs assigned, please contact the ref assignors below:
Cincinnati Ref Assignor: Bob Holwadel Phone: 513-305-0407 Email: email@example.com
Dayton Ref Assignor: Robert Hope Phone: 937-423-4673 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Columbus Ref Assignor: Keith Emerson Phone: 614-353-3404 Email: email@example.com
6) Game cards will be emailed to both teams two days in advance. If you do not receive the game card, please contact the office at 513-576-9555. Referee must be given the game card to check players and record score. Make sure the refs sign the game card at the bottom.
7) The winning team will need to collect the game card from the refs and scan to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am the next day.
8) The home team should pay the full referee fees and then email email@example.com after the game with the name and address the reimbursement should be mailed to.
Any games where a ref crew cannot be assigned or game is rained out will have to play in their original time slot scheduled on the May 17-19 weekend.
State Tournaments Rules
Dates: Round Robin: May 3 – 5, 2019
Location: Round Robin: Hobson Freedom Park, Dayton & Warrior Complex, Dayton
If you are looking for a hotel near Warrior Soccer complex :
Click here for Holiday Inn Express near Warrior Soccer Complex
Click here for Days Inn North near Warrior Soccer Complex
Dates: Semi’s/Finals: May 17 – 19, 2019
Location: Semi’s/Finals: Voice of America, West Chester
Cost: 9v9: $550.00 | 11v11: $575.00
Ages: U11 – U19, Boys and Girls
- All eligible teams must play in a sanctioned OSYSA League for the current seasonal year.
- All current National League, Regional League or Ohio South State League teams and players are not eligible for this event.
Recommendations: This event is focused on those teams that seek the State tournament experience, but does not require the commitment of advancement to Regionals. The competition will end at the State level and is targeted for those teams that finished in the lower end of their brackets at Presidents Cup or for new teams seeking a moderate level of play and desire a season ending State tournament as an experience for their players.
Important Rules: Club Pass Players Allowed, when more than 16 teams in a bracket, multiple divisions in age groups may be used where warranted by applications, Teams may not play up (those teams seeking a higher level of competition should play in Presidents Cup).
Governors Cup Introduction
Based upon feedback from our membership, Ohio South is proud to announce a new State Tournament – The Governors Cup. This will be the conducted at the same sites and locations as Presidents Cup and will be launched in Spring 2019.
Why a 3rd State Tournament?
Part of the membership feedback we have received was that Presidents Cup was a great experience for our teams when it was added as the sister tournament to State Cup in 2010. Over the years, the Presidents Cup has grown in size, however, so has the relative ability level of many of the teams that enter the event. Accordingly, our membership has requested a new level of a state tournament to accommodate this growth. This event will give a new tier of teams an opportunity to be successful, while at the same time, providing a more equal level of competition for those teams that participate in Presidents Cup and Governors Cup.
Who is the Governors Cup for?
This event is designed as a third state tournament along with State Cup and Presidents Cup. The event is designed for those teams that seek the State tournament experience, but does not require the commitment of advancement to Regionals. The competition will end at the State level and is targeted for those teams that finished in the lower end of their brackets at Presidents Cup, or for new teams seeking that level of competition and desire a season ending State tournament as an experience for their players.
National League, Regional League and State League teams will not be permitted to enter this event.
This is part of the new eligibility standards Ohio South will be establishing for all three State Events; James A. Martella State Cup, Presidents Cup and Governor’s Cup.
In addition, Ohio South’s competitive leagues may choose to institute their own standards as to which of the three state tournaments their teams may participate. These new eligibility standards will also be announced shortly.
When and Where will Governors Cup be held?
As this is the new ‘Sister’ tournament to Presidents Cup, this event will be held on the same dates and sites as Presidents Cup.
See dates and locations in the tournament information above.
Due to some changes at the National and Regional level - we will be rolling out a side by side comparison table of eligibility requirements, who each event is for, expectations, rostering requirements, etc. for all three events in the near future. That way all teams can determine the best event for their needs.