MRL 2016 Spring Season
Fees for Spring 2016 will be $500.00. ($450 MRL fee plus $50.00 OSYSA administration fee).
Payment due in Ohio South office by MRL Application Deadline. We will hold your check until team acceptance has been established.
Make check out to: Ohio South Youth Soccer Association
Mail to 25 Whitney Dr, Suite 104, Milford, OH 45150
Team registration for the 2016 Spring Season in the U-13 and U-14 age groups opens on Wednesday, October 14 and concludes on Tuesday, November 10
What Leagues Do I Play In?
|Qualified for U.S. Soccer National League
||Must play In U.S. Youth Soccer National League AND MRL Premier Division I
|Qualified for MRL Premier Division I
||Must play in MRL Premier Division I. OSSL is optional
|Qualified for MRL Premier Division II
||Must play in MRL Division II AND OSSL
|Qualified for MRL 1st Division
||Must play in MRL 1st Division AND OSSL
|Qualified for OSSL
||Must play in OSSL
How Do I Qualify for OSSL?
- Teams need to qualify for OSSL each year
- Teams who finish in the top 8 of State Cup AND top 8 of OSSL from the previous season will automatically qualify for OSSL for the following season
- Remaining spots awarded by OSSL commissioner based upon the following;
- Finished in the top 8 of State Cup but did not participate in OSSL in the previous season
- Team history in other OSYSA/USYSA events.
- OSSL Homepage
How Do I Qualify for MRL?
Ohio South State League (OSSL) and Ohio South State Cup are the two qualifying events for eligibility for MRL.
- Teams need to qualify for MRL each year
- Must have played in previous year State Cup
- Must have played in previous year Ohio South State league (OSSL).
- Teams that play in U.S. Soccer National League are exempt from this rule
- Teams that retain status in MRL Premier Division I are exempt from this rule
- Teams that win current year State Cup but did not play in previous year OSSL, may apply to MRL & OSSL Technical Committees for an exemption. Note this exemption will be considered for State Cup winners only.
- Must play in current year State Cup
Teams that win current year State cup who who did not play in previous year OSSL may apply to MRL Technical Committee for an exemption to this rule
- Ohio South Director of Coaching will review applications and nominate a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 teams to MRL Commission
- MRL Commission will review all nominations from all states and determine which teams gain entry for that season
- Midwest Regional League (MRL) Homepage
How Do I Qualify for U.S. Soccer National League?
- Teams need to qualify for National League each year
- Teams who finish in the top 4 of National League from previous season will automatically qualify for National League for the following season
- Teams who win NCS Regional Championships from previous season will automatically qualify for National league for the following season
- Teams who win MRL Premier Division I from previous season will automatically qualify for National League for the following season
- Remaining spots to be assigned by National League Committee from teams that apply and played in the 4 Regional leagues. Exception - U15 division for 2013/2014 season and U14 for 2014/2015 seasonwill be selected from previous season State Cup
- U.S. Youth Soccer National League Homepage