ODP College Showcase Information
Ohio South College Showcase – Registration Opens January 6th, 2014
Ohio South Youth Soccer is pleased to announce that it will be hosting its 3rd College Showcase!
The event last year was an enormous success with over 90 college programs attending. Registration was filled within 21 days!!
||Registration is limited to 500 applicants and is limited per High School age group. Opens January 6th at 9:00am....we anticipate this will fill up in a very short period of time.....
||April 5th and April 6th, 2014
||Hobson Freedom Soccer Complex
2910 Trebein Road
Fairborn, OH 45324
||This will be for all High School aged Senior (1995/1996), Junior (1996/1997), Sophomore (1997/1998) and Freshman (1998/1999), boys and girls.
||A large part of the success of ODP is its ability to showcase elite level players for identification to not only State, Regional and National staff – but also to College coaches....but we wanted to do more. The idea of an individual player showcase tied into their ODP training and tryouts made sense as it caters to all players – irrespective of the club or team they come from. Players will shine on their own merits. Players may choose to participate in the showcase only or be selected for consideration for our State team. Players selected for our State team, will participate in the Region II College Showcase. This event attracted over 100 college coaches also.
||As we discussed further, it also made sense to extend this to the two age groups that have just finished with ODP (1995 and 1996). All of these players are Juniors and Seniors – and some...maybe many, may still be searching for a place to play in college. The vast majority of these players went through our ODP system at one point or another and we felt it very important to include them in this showcase opportunity. Again, there will be no state team selection for the 1995 and 1996 age groups, but they can still benefit from the Showcase.
The reality is that the Showcase will highlight all registered players to:
- Those institutions who identify players and begin to verbally offer early in their freshman or sophomore year
- Those institutions who identify players and begin to verbally offer early in the sophomore or junior year
- Those institutions who identify players at any point in the High School or club process, but primarily in the junior or early senior year
- This event will be run in conjunction with the Ohio South ODP District Festival
- This will be an individual player showcase – not a team showcase
- Three (3) training sessions/games;
- Saturday - 1 training session and Sunday – 2 training sessions
- Saturday – 2 training sessions and Sunday – 1 training session
- Any 1999 players who are FRESHMAN In HIGH School may attend the event for exposure to college coaches. Attendance will NOT be part of their ODP evaluation
- All 1997 (High School Juniors and Sophomores) and 1998 (Sophomores/Freshman) players will have three scheduled training games in front of college coaches.
- In addition to the showcase, a 1997 boys, 1997 girls, 1998 boys and 1998 girls ODP State Pool will be selected to attend State Pool training.
- From this State Pool training group, State teams will be selected to attend the Region II ODP College Showcase and compete against the other State teams in Region II
- Players may elect to be eligible for the Showcase/State team selection or the Showcase only.
- All 1996 (High School Juniors and Seniors) and 1995 (High School Seniors) will have three training sessions (with games) in front of college coaches. There will be no State team selected for these two age groups – this is a showcase only.
- Players will be assigned into training groups according to graduation year and primary playing position. There will be a mixture of goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders and forwards in every training group where possible. Sessions will be run by Ohio South coaches and guest college coaches.
- College coaches will have a headquarters tent with individual player profiles and food
- Player profiles will consist of the following:
- ODP/College showcase #
- Graduation year
- E-mail contact
- High School
- Club Jersey #
- Primary Position (goalkeeper, defender, midfield, forward)
Player Registration for the Showcase will open on January 6th, 2014. The fee is $75.00.
Registration will close on Sunday March 16th at the latest. If an age group fills up before that time, we will close that age group and begin a waitlist.
Please note – Registration WILL BE LIMITED. We plan on running no more than 4-6 fields at a time to allow the college coaches as much time as possible to evaluate players. We do anticipate that some/all age groups will close out. All registrants are strongly encouraged to enroll as quickly as possible to ensure a place at the event. Last year we filled up in under 21 days!!
How Do I Register?
All players will register online at:
ODP Registration and Payments
(this link will be active on January 6th, 2014)
Registration will open on January 6th, 2014.
Can I Register On Site?
No.......Ohio South will be preparing college profile sheets for all players at the event. As such, we will need to prepare these showcase books in advance. Registration will close on Thursday March 16th at the latest. If an age group fills up before that time, we will close that age group and begin a waitlist.