2018 State Cup Round Robin Weekend Update
May 8, 2018
Please note the following;
1) Due to a forecast that is already calling for possible weather on Sunday, we are strongly encouraging all coaches, administrators and parents to enroll in our text alerts. This will be a major source of communication during State Cup Round Robin Weekend should the occasion arise.
For Round Robin Weekend Text/Weather Alerts, please text the appropriate keyword to become enrolled;
» For Games at VOA: Text STATECUPVOA to 41411
» For Games at Warrior: Text STATECUPWARRIOR to 41411
Again, we strongly advise those in attendance to be fully prepared to receive weather/emergency notifications at State Cup this coming weekend.
Warrior Road Closure and Field Map - Please make sure this is sent out to your team parents. Fishburg is closed right past the park so please see map and directions below on the traffic flow! (It is a 3 page document.)
VOA Field Map – Everyone must have a parking permit to enter the park. Hopefully parents already took care of this! We also had to make some minor field number changes at VOA. Please recheck your schedule.
2) Ohio South will have the game cards printed for all games this weekend, and we will give directly to the referee crews. Teams will not be emailed game cards.
3) Teams will need to bring all Player and Coach Cards. If you have a player who gets a red card or a coach who is sent off during a State Cup match, please make sure the coach or team manager comes to the HQ at the site to sign an updated player/coach eligibility form.
For schedules and more, please visit our State Cup page.
Office Event Closures
Please note that during major events such as Presidents Cup and State Cup, our office will close on Fridays in order to allow our staff time to prepare and set up.
This will go into effect starting this week (5/4) and will continue on 5/11 & 5/18.
Members are strongly encouraged to address all weekend needs with our office by close of business Thursday, as staff will not be available on Friday.
Note the following office hours schedule (through 5/18):
- M: 10am - 5pm
- T: 9am - 5pm
- W: 9am - 5pm
- Th: 9am - 5pm
- F: Closed
See you on the fields!
2018 Presidents Cup Weekend Update
April 27, 2018
Please note the following important updates regarding Presidents Cup Weekend on May 4-6.
- Traffic Flow for Warrior Due to Road Closure
*Note: If you are playing on Fields 1-16, please enter from Fishburg Rd. If you are playing on Fields 17-21, please enter from Chambersburg Rd.
From Cincinnati/Dayton (I-75 North): Take exit 57 for Wagner Ford Road and turn right. Stay on Wagner Ford Road for 2.5 mi. Wagner Ford Road turns into Rip Rap Road after it crosses Needmore Road. Stay on Rip Rap Road for 1.2 mi. Turn right onto Fishburg Rd. Use the second (furthest) entrance to turn left into Warrior (0.3 mi).
From Columbus (I-70 West): Take the Troy Pike exit (36) and head south on Troy Pike (1.6 mi). Turn right onto Chambersburg Rd (before the Walgreens). Head down Chambersburg Rd. for 1.5 mi (past Endicott Rd) and turn left into Warrior.
Due to a road closure between Troy Pike and Warrior Soccer Complex on Fishburg Road (when coming westbound to Warrior Soccer Complex), we are advising all attendees arriving from Columbus to use the Chambersburg Road entrance to the facility.
Attendees coming from Dayton and Cincinnati are advised to enter via Rip Rap Road and may then use eastbound Fishburg Road to get into the complex.
- Traffic Flow for Hobson
Please note that Hobson will have a one way entrance at the front and a one way exit at the back of the park.
- Player and Coach Passes
Coaches are reminded to bring ALL player and coach passes to every game.
- Game Cards and Ref Fees
Ohio South will print and distribute the Presidents Cup game cards for May 4-6 to the referees. Those game cards will have the approved event rosters printed on them so you will not need to bring copies of your event rosters.Ohio South will pay the referees directly .
- Fields and Warmup
We are asking that coaches please be considerate of the fields and restrict any footwork or agility drills to areas outside of the field of play (sidelines, behind the goals, etc). In the event of inclement weather or deteriorating field conditions, all team warm-up activities may be restricted to areas outside the field of play.
- Hotline/Text Alerts
All game/field/location updates will be handled through the Dayton Hotline (937)-285-0008.
We will also update Text Alerts: Please text PRESCUP to 41411.
For schedules and more, please visit our Presidents Cup page.
Changes to Fee Structure, Background Check Frequency and International Player Requirements + Statewide Tryout Dates
April 23, 2018
There have been some important changes recently – below is a summary;
- Effective for 2018 – 2019, season, Competitive Player Fees will be $18.00. The fee for Competitive Coaches has been eliminated. The Competitive player fee will still be collected at the league level.
- For 2018 – 2019, the Recreational Player fee remains unchanged.
- Effective immediately for 2017 – 2018 season, Tournament Guest Player fees and Tournament Team Coach fees are now the same as Competitive Player and Competitive Coach fees. For 2018 – 2019, this will be $18.00 for Tournament Guest Players and no charge for Tournament Team coaches.
- Effective 2018 – 2019 season, Background Checks on coaches, referees and other identified personnel will be conducted every two years instead of every three years.
- Due to recent policy change from U.S. Soccer, effective immediately, the mandatory ITC requirement and clearances for all foreign born players has been eliminated, EXCEPT FOR THE FOLLOWING;
- For all teams participating in the 2018 State Cup and 2018 Presidents Cup, ITC requirements and clearances remain in place.
- For all teams and clubs who are professionally affiliated (defined by U.S. Soccer as those with a legal, financial or de facto links to a professional team), ITC requirements and clearances remain in place.
- For the 2018 – 2019 season, Statewide tryout dates have been established. The earliest that tryouts can be conducted are;
U-13 The Monday after Memorial Day
U-14 The Monday after Memorial Day
U-15 The Monday after Memorial Day
U-16 The Monday after Memorial Day
U-17 The Monday after Memorial Day
U-8 The Tuesday after Memorial Day
U-9 The Tuesday after Memorial Day
U-10 The Tuesday after Memorial Day
U-11 The Tuesday after Memorial Day
U-12 The Tuesday after Memorial Day
U-18 The Tuesday after Memorial Day
U-19/20 The Tuesday after Memorial Day
Congratulations to the players who were invited to the ODP National Training Camp in Phoenix in January!
G98-Sarina Dirrig, Kalyn Smith
G99-Haley Cox, Katie Luce, Jenna Prathapa
G00- Brittany Duncan, Madeline Loris, Molly Morgan
Results: 17 Article(s) Found.
US Youth Soccer is pleased to recognize the winners of our annual awards, which honor the people who give their time and effort to the organization by way of service. Information on the honorees will be released throughout the week of Dec. 18.
The 11th season of US Youth Soccer National League play kicks off Thursday, Dec. 7, in North Carolina, when all 128 boys teams in the 14U through 18U age groups meet to begin the season. Games in North Carolina are being played primarily at the Wilson Gillette Soccer Complex and Rocky Mount Sports Complex.
The 11th season of US Youth Soccer National League play kicks off Thursday, Nov. 30, in North Carolina, when all 128 girls teams in the 14U through 18U age groups meet to begin the season. Games in North Carolina are being played primarily at the Wilson Gillette Soccer Complex and Rocky Mount Sports Complex.
The 2017-18 US Youth Soccer National League season kicks off Nov. 30. See which teams and players to watch as the league begins its 11th season.
Beginning in the 2018-19 season, the US Youth Soccer National League will expand to feature the addition of a 19-and-Under age group, as well as more teams in the 14U and 15U age groups — pushing the league from 256 to 352 total teams.
The 2017 US Youth Soccer ODP Girls Thanksgiving Interregional takes place Nov. 19-24 at the Spanish River Athletic Park in Boca Raton, Fla. The event features the nation's top female players in the 2000/2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 age groups.
US Youth Soccer is proud to announce 96 games will be broadcast live on USYouthSoccer.org from the upcoming boys and girls US Youth Soccer National League Fall Showcases in Wilson, N.C. The Fall Showcases, featuring over 5,000 14U through 18U players, will take place Nov. 30 – Dec. 3 for girls teams, and boys sides will play the following weekend, Dec. 7-10.
The November 2017 edition of FUEL is now available. Read the articles, player stories, tips and more
US Youth Soccer is pleased to announce a number of senior leadership appointments to evolve the association into a growth-oriented, member-centered organization.
The schedule has been announced for the opening weekend of the 2017-18 US Youth Soccer National League season, as the Girls will gather Nov. 30 – Dec. 3 in Wilson, N.C., and Rocky Mount, N.C. The National League Boys teams will kick off the following week, Dec. 7-10.