Ohio South Youth Soccer Association
Ohio South Youth Soccer Association provides general liability and participant accident medical coverage for their member affiliates while conducting operations on behalf of Ohio South Youth Soccer Association.
Who is Covered?
Ohio South Youth Soccer Association, its affiliated associations, leagues, clubs and all officers directors, coaches, employees, teams, team officials, and volunteers while acting on behalf of Ohio South Youth Soccer Association.
Insurance Carrier: National Casualty Company (A.M. Best rated "A+")
Limits of Liability:
General Aggregate NONE (Unlimited)
Products/Completed Operations Aggregate $1,000,000
Personal and Advertising Injury $1,000,000
Each Occurrence $1,000,000
Damage to Premises Rented to You $300,000
Legal Liability to Athletic Participants $2,000,000
Sexual Abuse / Molestation per Occurrence $1,000,000
Sexual Abuse / Molestation Aggregate $2,000,000
Hired & Non-Owned Auto Liability $1,000,000
Medical Expense (to non-participants) $5,000
What is Covered?
- Liability for bodily injury or property damage to spectators, game participants, and to members of the general public for activities sanctioned by Ohio South Youth Soccer Association
- Liability for outdoor fields owned by affiliates for its sole use while acting on behalf as a member of the state association.
- Activities necessary or incidental to the conduct of practice, exhibition, post season and scheduled games.
- Liability for false arrest, detention or malicious prosecution, libel, slander, defamation of character, or wrongful eviction.
- Hired and non-owned auto while being used in the business of the named insured. Excludes coverage for any driver transporting athletic participants.
- Products liability for food or drinks sold on premises.
- Medical Payments - $5,000 (non-participants).
Notable General Liability Exclusions:
- Standard commercial general liability exclusions
- Property of others in the care, custody and control of the insured such as personal property of players, coaches, or parents
- Liability to pay Workers Compensation
- Intentional acts
- Amusement devices other than inflatable and dunk tanks
Certificates of insurance are furnished to each association identifying them as members of the state organization. Certificates of insurance will be issued upon request adding the name of a school district, university, private land owner, municipality, or sponsor. All other requests are subject to underwriting approval.
Participant Accident Medical
Who is Covered?
Insured persons include all registered team members, coaches, managers, referees, officials, and volunteers of the team, league or association.
Insured persons are covered for injuries resulting directly and independently of all other causes from accidents occurring while participating in the following covered activities:
- Scheduled games, team practice sessions, tryouts or sponsored activities provided they are under the direct supervision of a team official; or sanctioned local or national tournaments as a member of a contestant team.
- Organized group travel under the supervision of a team official as authorized by the Policyholder directly to and from a covered event.
What Is Not Covered:
The plan does not provide coverage for:
- intentionally self-inflicted injury
- air travel except as a fare-paying passenger on a regularly scheduled airline on a scheduled flight
- injuries resulting from other than covered activities
- loss resulting from sickness or disease, except bacterial infection which occurs through an accidental wound
Insurance Carrier: National Union Fire Insurance Company (A.M. Best rated "A")
Accident Medical Policy Limits:
For reasonable necessary medical expenses, our Youth accident medical policy provides up to $25,000 for injuries sustained in a covered accident. Dental injuries are treated like any other injury. Payment will not be made for any expenses incurred after 104 weeks from the date of injury. An expense is considered incurred on the date the medical care is rendered. A $2500 deductible and 80/20 Co-Insurance applies to each accident. A physical therapy/chiropractic limit of $50 per visit/$2,000 maximum per injury applies.
Ohio South Youth Soccer Assn excess accident medical insurance policy is secondary insurance. Failure to follow the rules of your primary healthcare coverage will result in a benefit reduction of eligible expenses to 50% of the amount otherwise payable.
Injury means bodily injury of an Insured Person resulting directly and independently of all other causes from an accident which occurs while he or she is participating in a covered activity. Sickness or disease (except pus forming infections which occur through an accidental cut or wound) of any kind will not be considered as bodily injury.
Reasonable Expenses means usual and customary charges.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits
The plan pays:
- $5,000 for loss of life or loss of two or more members, which results from injuries sustained in an accident which occurred while participating in a Covered Activity.
- $2,500 for loss of one member (hand, foot or eye), which results from injuries sustained in an accident which occurred while participating in a Covered Activity.
- Such payment shall be in addition to any other indemnity payable to the date of loss, but only one amount, the larger amount applicable shall be payable for all such losses resulting from any one accident.
- "LOSS" shall mean, with respect to hands and feet, physical separation through or above the wrist or ankle joint; with respect to the eyes, entire and irrecoverable loss of sight.
The participant accident medical coverage is provided on an excess basis. This means that after the insured player or coach has been reimbursed for medical expenses by other insurance programs, and after the deductible has been satisfied, the Ohio South Youth Soccer Association plan will pay up to the maximum Medical Expense benefit for remaining treatment, service and supply expenses. These other programs include group, blanket or franchise health insurance coverage, group hospital or medical service plans, and prepayment coverage; any coverage under labor-management trustee plans, union welfare plans, employer organization plans, and coverage under any governmental programs, coverage required or provided by any statute, and automobile reparations insurance (no-fault) coverage.
Accident Medical Claim Procedures:
In the event of injury requiring medical treatment, you should:
- Fully complete a claim form verified by a witness and submit it to your State Soccer Association for verification. Please include a copy of your approved roster
- Notice of claims must be filed within 90 days from the date of injury.
- The Accident Medical coverage is provided on an "excess" basis. Therefore, charges must first be submitted to any other medical insurance carrier available to the participant.
The accident medical claim form can be completed by clicking here.
Please include a copy of your approved roster along with your insurance claim to the OSYSA office.
THIS OUTLINE IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATION TO WHAT COVERAGE(S) THE INSURANCE POLICY OR POLICIES PROVIDE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO DESCRIBE ALL OF THE VARIOUS DETAILS PERTAINING TO THE INSURANCE. ACTUAL COVERAGES ARE DETAILED IN THE POLICY OF INSURANCE AND ARE ALWAYS SUBJECT TO TERMS, PROVISIONS, CONDITIONS, AND EXCLUSIONS AS CONTAINED THEREIN.